1. myfitnesspal.com You create an account and then track your food.... an online food diary. I have to say, it does keep me (some what) accountable. myfitnesspal.com has put me on a 1450 calorie a day tracker... If i choose to eat 1450 calories worth of pizza, so be it... and I like that... We all know I'm not a rabbit and the thought of eating just lettuce would make me scream!!
**Side note.... Dieting is depressing... having to realize that I can't have another bite of something is heart wrenching. Someone tell me how people are able to just 'not eat' or eat just a few bites? Unless someone writes me a prescription for adipex, I have to eat at least 3 full meals a day.
2. Thank you LeAnn for the Couch to 5k idea. (See link below). Starting this Sunday, LeAnn and I (and who ever else wants to join us) will start training for a 5K. Now. Lets get honest. I have huge boobs... boobs that are not made for running, their not made for a lot of anything. I swear they way 10 pounds a piece... no joke. They require at least 2 sports bras... I think they affect (is it effect? or affect?... whatever) my backhand in tennis. Anywho~ running is going to be a challenge... but I've ALWAYS wanted to be a runner. It sounds so swave... "I just ran" "I just took a quick jog" "I bought these nike running shorts because I"m an actual runner". To the point: LeAnn found out about this program, and we're starting it. It looks VERY do-able.
| Week | Workout 1 | Workout 2 | Workout 3 |
| 1 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. |
| 2 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. |
| 3 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
|
| 4 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
|
| 5 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking. |
| 6 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 22 minutes) with no walking. |
| 7 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). |
| 8 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). |
| 9 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). | The final workout! Congratulations! Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). |
Now.. in true Betsy fashion.... I'm gonna need a new outfit. Thank you Athleta (its apart of the gap/old navy/banana republic chain). So, I want this top
and this one too...
better yet... can i just have this whole outfit?
So whose up for joining us???
No comments:
Post a Comment