Monday, January 16, 2012

1st of 27...

Today was the first of twenty seven training sessions (3 a week for 9 weeks) .. .towards what?? RUNNING A 5K!!!!! LeAnn downloaded the app for "Couch to 5K"... I never knew it could be this do-able (is that a word?)... The app told us when to walk, when to jog, when to cool down... 20 minutes went by REALLY quickly.  Maybe it was because I was in good company... LeAnn and Elizabeth are by far two of the best running buddies a friend could ask for (Meghan came with us, but she ran 5 miles while we ran maybe 1.5)... we kept encouraging each other (honestly... no one complained or threw up, or cried, which would of mostly come from me... but we acted like this was just normal... running) and before you know it... 20 minutes had passed and we were in the last 5 minutes of cool down!!!

Pre-Run (I look homeless... and why am I sticking my boobs out??... probably because I had twenty bras on!)

Post Run  

LeAnn... you already look SO SKINNY! 
Next Run ~ Wednesday at 5:00 pm... Tennis at 6pm.. join us at Darton! 

Big question remains... why train for a 5K if we aren't going to run a competitive 5K... Well.. WE ARE! Athens Georgia, March 28 (Wed)(should be good luck since my anniversary is the 29th, or so we think).  Its a twilight run... the walk/run mile starts at 7:15 and the 5K starts at 8:30.  Maybe I can convince Paschal to cheer me on at the race and then we can sneak away to the mountains for our anniversary.  Sounds good to me. 

Now off to eat steaks with the Pates.... and gain back everything I ran off!  

No comments:

Post a Comment