Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mountain House

Most of you already read Abode Love, so there isn't much point in posting it... This house wraps up EXACTLY what I want in a mountain home... NOT A CABIN! ( I just hate that cabin look... bear themed decor, big leather couches). I like how cool, almost cold, the house below feels. I want to put on a comfy sweater and curl up with a good book. What caught my eye and held it the longest were the paneled walls. I can't even come up with a word to describe them.... just that I love them. My grandparents had a place (and now my parents own it) right over the North Carolina boarder near Hayesville. Its a simple 2 bedroom cabin/house; the land it sits on holds the value and nostalgia. My parents just didn't have the time or energy to keep the house up, and it has fallen under (you can still stay there... I just wouldn't want to). Jacob seems a money pit, where I see a place of memories. One day he will turn that cabin in to the house below. Not too much to ask for, right?

abode love: a man's home is his wife's castle: D. Stanley Dixon, woah.: Hello abode lovers and HAPPY FRIDAY! Today, I'd like to share a beautifully inspiring home in Atlanta designed by D. Stanley Dixon from At...










No comments:

Post a Comment