I can't get this picture to be bigger :( But this is what I want in my master bedroom. Now... lets survey the room that I have. yes... that's an unmade bed... i like to keep it real....once you start trying to be someone else, you will never succeed.. its like keeping up with the Jones.. it will never happen and you will die trying. Okay, on to the bedroom.
the headboard is from Pottery Barn and I got a pretty nice discount for it at the outlet store.... its the only thing (besides the mattress) that is staying. The lamp (have another one that matches in the guest bedroom) was purchased at a yard sale and the lamp shades were ripped when we moved... they need new shades and to find another bedroom to live in. In the corner is a random chair.
poor random pillow on the floor and pile of never ending laundry :( The black dresser needs to final make its journey to the dump. It was a gift from my father-in-law to my mother-in-law, before they got married....its had a long life, almost 35 years. it can barely hold our undies and pj's.
The problem lies with the fabric in the top picture. Robins Egg Blue walls and Cobalt Blue floral duvet cover don't exactly coordinate. I was thinking of a nice off white, something that will compliment the oatmeal/neutral headboard.
1. Paint walls
2. buy bedding (all white) / make duvet out of blue fabric
(the following are by Duralee)

these are by P.Kaufman

batik print with the trellis(ish) pattern above looks about right...except that its outdoor fabric.
Just for laughs...look at this fabric I found at Lewis and Sheron in Atlanta (on their website)
These two were listed as coordinates to each other.... once day Paschal will have an office I can decorate. I think soft blue/grey walls with panel curtains in the deer motif would look nice... with a leather sofa and nice sea grass rug, I'm getting distracted.
3. buy furniture (dresser, bedside table and a vanity/dressing table for me and last, a chair)
4. Rug
5. window treatments
Sounds like a never ending journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment