Not because of the presidents.... But the fact I can have an extra "Saturday" night. Not worrying about work, my house (which i should worry about), my hair.... I could go on and on.
Here are a few updates on Baby Paschal. We found out on the 7th about a baby boy due on April 3rd in Jacksonville, Fl. Now, you have a small window of time to reply back yes or no on whether your gonna pursue the situation. After talking to friends in the medical field and our families we decided to apply. If your not familiar with adoption, here's a crash course: we have a "About Us Book". Our consultant emails us about a possible baby, then we over night our "book" to the said representative (lawyer, caseworker, etc). Once we send off the packet, it's considered an "invisible contract".... In other words, if we get picked, it would be considered a HUGE no no to back out. Before we ever send off our packet, we are given everything there is to know about the BM and baby. The birth mom then looks at the packet and chooses the family she wants.
We made the leap of faith and sent a packet off to Florida. After waiting over a week, we found out we didn't get picked. Oddly, I'm fine.... even though I had gotten WAY to emotionally invested in a situation I had no control over. The couple that was picked had a 3 year old adopted daughter... Knowing this made me really happy... that baby boy was going to get a big sister. Everyone needs a big sister :)
Around the same time we applied for the baby in Florida, we got an email about a baby (gender unknown) in Washington state near Seattle. We again applied... We won't hear anything back till next week... The exciting, crazy part is that the baby is due March 7th. Exactly 2 months after we had our first official adoption meeting with our consultant. Again, we're excited, but realize everything is part of God's plan. He already knows our sweet baby by name... And when he sees it's time, he'll lead us to him/her.
I think I've caught everyone up... It's just been such a busy last month and a half. I've only lost it a few times.. Which is record breaking. I think I had more "crazy" moments over the toilet seat then I've had over this home study/ adoption / possible baby, etc. Paschal on the other hand is completely calm... His only question "Is the baby a boy". Ha!!
We celebrated Mr Glenn's birthday Saturday night. Too. Much. Rich. Food!!! Lobster, steak, shrimp... A good time was had by all. Next weekend we head to mom and dads for mom's birthday. I haven't been up in a while and I miss them so much!
Here a few embroidery/appliqué things I have been working on this weekend.
I'm gonna try and keep this thing updated. Promise!!





I'm so glad you are updating now! It's going to be so sweet to go back and see this journey that brings baby P.
ReplyDeleteAnd your embroidery stuff is so cute!! Love you!