Saturday, May 21, 2011

Oh, Do I Need A Vacation!

I've been on blogging hiatus.... first... my computer is on the fritz. You unplug the power cord and the computer will immediately die... not to mention that I've decided to go back to my job for yet another year... hello 6 years... only 24 years till state retirement. I do garanuntee this... next year, I'm going into the classroom as a LION! No more Mrs. Nice Paschal!

Back to the point... I need to get my house together... do some laundry (the whole laundry issue is worth another blog post... lets just say that Paschal and I have attempted to see how long we can go without laundry.... apparently we own WAY too much clothing... i'm not admitting its cute clothing, but its decent because we have gone almost 2 weeks... again... that whole topic is worth another blogpost)... and finish some porjects I've started and have yet to finish... oh the beloved summer todo list :)

Lets talk next year... luckly I've been given a new class schedule and will be leaving my favorte U.S. History teachers textbook for a World History one. I'm not the biggest fan of this course... but lets see the upside... I will be leaving mainly sophmores for freshman. Some would hate that, but freshmen are a lot easier to deal with then sophmores who already know how to skip class and have figured out the system. Last, there is no exit exam for world history! YEAH! For the last 4 out of 5 years I have been doing nothing but "teaching a test"... the EOCT (End of Course Test) for US History has been an exhausting endevour, and I am happy to say goodbye!

Weight Watchers update... I'm now down 10 lbs.. just 100 more to go (seirously). Do you know what is the most depressing about dieting... you lose 10, 15 lbs and you convince yourself that you can go down a size... so you find those jeans, tops, whatever and you brace yourself for the "lets try them on".... and guess what? IT DOESN'T FIT! Why?? becuase it takes 25 lbs to go down a size... how miss leading and depresssing! All 10lbs can do is make your close actually fit... so I guess I'm another 15 away from those "jeans".

Is this post long enough??

So If you need me anytime over the next 30 days.... I will be by the pool, getting nice and tan before the Paschal family vacation to Alaska... where I assume sun bathing will not be on our vacation list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment