Sunday, May 29, 2011

27 in Apalach... oh so nice

well, 27 has arrived.... it seems so much more permanent then 26. It always ends up that we go to St. George... even though we don't plan it, we seem to find our way down there. This trip was especially happy... probably because we somewhat planned. Usually, in true "Paschal" style, we would of driven down with nothing but a hotel reservation... but this time I decided to make actual plans. We stayed at the Water Street Hotel and Marina, which was just a short (2 bridge) drive from St. George. We've tried to stay on the island, but usually it is out(way) of our price range and the St. George In is affordable, yet no kitchen/fridge. The Water Street Hotel had everything we needed and then we could choose when to drive to the island... most places to eat were already in Apalach.

Here are a few photos of the weekend... unfortunately none of Paschal and I... batteries never got purchased... typical.



our room... I got this picture from google because I didn't get my own. Such an amazing suite!
Paschal was OBSESSED with this place (Owl Cafe). First day he had fried soft shell crab over cheese (the most gourmet cheese grits I've seen) grits, covered with sauteed vegetables. I had jalapeno chicken salad with fruit and a side of gazpacho. Day 2... I had an omelet and Paschal again had crab with grits covered with tomatoes, onions and feta. We also had a cocktail... Orange Julius... more to come on this amazing tottie on Tuesday... it might have been one of the best parts of the weekend.

we eat here Fri night... i had some baked oysters with cheese, bacon and I'm sure some other good cheeses.... both Paschal and I wanted somewhere "non-touristy" and this was perfect! I highly recommend it.

Thank you sweet husband for a great weekend... I can't believe 7 years ago this weekend we were celebrating my birthday at Owen's lake trailer... oh the birthdays Paschal and I have shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment