Thursday, September 2, 2010

Random Guest Bedroom ideas

First let me say that I've had my eye on this fabric (Duralee) for the last year plus. My friend Jenna has this pattern (green background) in her master bedroom and it looks so good.... so while searching the web, which I do WAY to much, I came across the same fabric but in different colors and it got me thinking. Red or Blue? I need a basic guest bedroom that can eventually go into a nursery and how cute would the red or blue be in a babies room? I'm a true believe that babies room should be both timeless / neutral as possible and NOT CHEESY... no characters please. Its like me newest mission to find baby stuff without Winnie the Pooh, etc. Or says... like "you go girl" or "rock star"... Go with me on this....

1. Baby room: dark wood furniture, Sherman Williams Newport Beige on the walls, tan sea grass weave rug; wide stripe brown and off white strip glider/rocker and then the old western posters framed. The paisley fabric as the bed skirt/ bumper ties.

2. Guest room: Paisley fabric as a headboard... white / off white bed skirt, duvay (sp?) cover and shams. Brown or brown white stripe shams and brown throw. Paisley fabric curtains and then the old posters hung above the bed or dresser.










Why the old posters? Jacob loves old westerns. Kind of cute I think.
Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite fabrics too!! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete