Monday, September 6, 2010

It was a good weekend

I've been at home these last few days (Friday night through Monday afternoon) and it has been wonderful. The weather was perfect, not a moment over 85 degrees, and the company too! Unfortunately, my mother took me to the outlet mall to "just look"..... oh how she uses that line to lure my sister and I in. She knows that we can't just "look" and that we both are codependent on shopping, especially with an accomplice. First came Talbot's, then Ann Taylor Loft, Pottery Barn (which was going to be the death of my check book), then Restoration hardware, then the Crocs store (yes I wear crocs, the cute ones) and then finally ending up at the Gap. Its a proven fact, you will always buy more when you have someone with you that says "that looks great on you", "you don't have any cardigans (which is a lie) that color", "You can wear that to church tomorrow", etc.

SO..... with all this said... and the fact that I have read this same idea on other blogs such as Two Ellie and A Penny Saved, I am taking a SHOPPING HIATUS!! I WILL NOT SHOP AGAIN UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING: FOR CHRISTMAS ITEMS ONLY. I'm going to try REALLY hard. Everything I bought this weekend I loved, but truly it was all unnecessary. Also, this should keep me from gaining weight... maybe?

About to pack my bags and head back to the Beny!

No comments:

Post a Comment