Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pimm's No.1

I'm going to try this cocktail again. Lately, I've been obsessed with Lonny Magazine. While looking through the issues I see the repeat idea of a "cocktail" bar or stand. A simple sideboard with a set of liquors/mixers/ cups, etc. The last 3 issues ALL had Pimm's holding its own among other more recognizable drinks. Back in May when i first spotted Pimm's No.1, I gave it a google and found the cocktail concoction. Good? Maybe... I wouldn't give a great, but good yes. Definitely different.... Its a seasonal drink, spring/summer only (hence the key ingredient of cucumber). So before the weather gets chilly and i start craving mulled cider, I'm gonna give this drink another try and I will be definitely be buying a bottle for my "cocktail bar".



Ingredients:

1 part Pimm's No. 1

3 parts lemonade or ginger ale, chilled

mint (per taste)

fruit: strawberries, granny smith apples, oranges, lemons

lots of ice

cucumber, halved lengthwise (like celery stocks, to stir the drink)

Directions:

1. Mix the Pimm's and lemonade/ginger ale with the mint leaves (I suggest grinding the mint and ice like in a mojito)

2. Slice up fruit and add

3. Serve in a highball glass or double old fashion and garnish with cucumber.

Enjoy these last few days of summer!

1 comment:

  1. I love that drink! My friend Leigh-Anne had it at her wedding in May. She married a Brit and it's a very popular traditional drink in the UK!

    ReplyDelete