Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Its time

Ephesians 5:15: Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise, but wise.

This past weekend I attended church with my parents. It's always a special time when I get to worship with them. If anyone can have a testimony it is my parents. They are tireless in their journey as Christians, whether it is working Tres Dias, or volunteering at the church or leading small group. They attend Browns Bridge Community Church (www.northpoint.org/messages), which broadcast its sermons live every Sunday morning at 11 and again at 6 pm. Its worth the time. I've never left without learning something/ being moved, etc.

Andy Stanley's message on "Time" really stroke a cord. Its TIME in my life.... our days are numbered here on earth and we should live accordingly. Most importantly, we have to invest this time WISELY. We don't become rich with only one day of work, but several over years. We don't lose weight going to the gym, but over several trips to the gym. We don't gain a relationship with God by talking to him once, but by constantly seeking his word and praying. Saturday starts deer season and TIME is something I'm gonna have a lot of. I'm dedicating this season's "boredom time" to becoming a better and stronger Christian.... not sewing or being crafty, but being wise. This is scary to me.... I've never being a very dedicated Christian. I've always skirted on the surface... but now is the TIME.

Chris Tomlin's song: Our God has meant a lot to me over the last few weeks. Sometimes I think that I can't do it, I don't have "self control" or "will power", but the words: Into the darkness you shine/ Out of the ashes we rise/ there's no one like you/ none like you/ And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us / and if our God is with us, then what can stand against us.....

Water you turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There is no one like you
None like you
Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
there's no one like you
None like you
Chorus: Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God...
Bridge: And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our god is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?

No comments:

Post a Comment