Friday, March 22, 2013

My day off wasn't exactly a day off...

I took the day off work to finish up / stress over / work on adoption paperwork. Here's a little snapshot of my day. I'm so much happier inside my house... I wouldn't mind staying home, inside these walls, doing "home" things, for a long time. Being home makes me happy...

The. Paper. Work. Never. Ends. really... it never ends. 

Okay... So, I had an epiphany.  This chair was my Dads.. he got it in the late 70's. It originally had black/gold/cream stripes.  Mom recovered it in the 80's with this blue/white stripe.  Since I'm a hoarder I couldn't let them throw this chair out.  While sitting in the soon to be nursery today (side note: I love to sit in Baby P's room...makes me feel calm and at peace) it dawned on me.... WHY NOT TURN THIS CHAIR INTO A GLIDER! why not? Its a little low... but once I add the glider attachment it will raise it up several inches, plus with new stuffing and upholstery it might work out.  Did I mention it had an ottoman too?? 
Now on to the pups... just because.  You have to admit... they're some good looking puppies...
Sweet Molly... crossing her legs and watching the cars go by.  Ignore the baby clothes, blankets and Moses basket on the soon to be gone mattress

Last... I rearranged furniture.  We use our dinning room or at least want to use our dinning room, but its so small... but we have a huge formal living room we NEVER use.  So, we switched them. 
Above is the old FL and new DR.... New dinning room table, eventually :)
New office space.  I need to hang the butterfly prints and get the chair recovered... and a rug... the list goes on and on... best decision i made this week, next to not working today, was moving this furniture.  Do you like the mess in this picture?? you can see a little bit of our "about us" book on the floor by the butterfly prints.  Hopefully this new setup will lead to me actually giving piano lessons...one adventure at a time, one at a time...  

Just waiting on our Garganos to arrive... it seems to be the only thing arriving on time (hint hint spring!!)

~Betsy 

No comments:

Post a Comment