Friday, March 8, 2013

I can't be the only one...

I can't be the only one who wants all white bedding for her baby.. right???  One can justify hundreds of dollars on fancy patterns and cute bows, but I just want a white pleated bed skirt and a white bumper... which is obviously too much to ask! Our consultant said to have what we "want" written down and ready to go for order.... with most of the situations we've seen, we would only have a few weeks to get everything done before he/she arrives.  I don't want to... "short change"... this baby.  If I had had 9 months to prepare, I would re-paint the room, order the rocker I want, had to time to save in order to purchase said rocker... but I don't have any said time.... the problem is we don't know what time schedule we're on.  I want Baby P to have everything I've imagined him/her having and just because I get more or less time doesn't mean they should get less.  Enough of my rambling... back to why one can't find white, affordable bedding.  I want Baby P to have a nice room, but I need to be realistic.

Here's something to make you laugh.  I asked Paschal if he was free this Saturday to go look at rocker/gliders and a dresser for the nursery...
he said "Sure, it can't be that expensive... Its just a rocking chair" me: how much do you think they cost? Paschal: Like $50.... I bet the whole nursery won't cost more then $100... its a baby, not a grown adult. I'm not spending over $100 on baby furniture.  

I think baby related items prices are extremely OVER inflated... just like wedding items... we all know our dresses were made in some sweat shop by children who get paid below minimal wage... yet we all paid WAY more then we thought we would originally for it.  Same goes for baby.  I'm not paying $97 for a white pleated bed skirt!! Can you believe that?? $97?? I've made a crib bed sheet before and it in NO way was worth $97!! 

I guess Joann's and I are going to have to put our heads together and make our own bedding.  Making the bumper pad scares me ... but so does Jacob when he tells me about how he killed some wild something with a knife... which I find cruel and unnecessary... catch and release people... catch and release. 

~Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment