1. I wear a one piece... sometimes a tankini... because for me to be able to wear a bikini, I would of needed to start working out 3 years ago.
2. I've gotten past all body image issues (or at least my wellbutrin tells me I am). I will wear my one piece, I will get in the pool in front of people. My desire to be tan and sociable out ways my desire to hide my body. BUT, don't invite me to a public pool. I have my own, which you are all welcome to come use... You all know how I feel about the doublegate pool...
3. Do you know how hard it is to find quality one piece bathing suits?? That don't include a skirt, or thick straps, terrible tropical prints?? When you get past a size 14 (look at me being honest... ) and you have to start looking at "plus size" or XL anythings... they just start looking cheap and what I call "fat girl slutty." Just because I'm larger doesn't mean I want to flaunt my body... or accentuate my breast/hips/butt.
Here are a few things I might be purchasing soon... because I LOVE to tan and I LOVE my pool!!
Target:




I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this white bathing suit.... bring on the tanning oil... and with my cheapness... more like "bring on the baby oil"

Old Navy :





Loft: My personal favorites




Talbots (because we need to be honest with ourselves.... we're not 22 anymore )
Random / Pinterest:
this has ZERO breast support. Don't think I haven't already thought about reconstructive breast surgery... especially now that breast feeding isn't an issue. Honestly, i want perfect, stand on their own boobs... the kind that look amazing at the beach, the kind that make me feel thin. Having big boobs makes you feel fat, no matter what you weigh. I've also wanted to look into getting a tummy tuck, don't lie to yourself... you want to as well.
J. Crew:
this model bothers me... her legs look weird... maybe because mine have always touched and she just looks like shes missing half her thighs
stop.it. this might be a winner.
Zulily:

I'm not crazy about a "swim dress" but this one is surprisingly cute





I've got to go to bed... someone has to teach the youth of America about the history of St. Patty's Day tomorrow. I would hate to let them down.
~Betsy

No comments:
Post a Comment