Sunday, July 22, 2012

House Hunting ~Southern Living Idea House

First.... We all know I stalk MLS (if you don't... you are missing out! www.albanygamls.com).  But what is with the new website layout??? Definitely not user friendly... I'm close to making the full switch to trulia.com... that way I can look at houses EVERYWHERE!!!

Second... I LOVE SOUTHERN LIVING IDEA HOUSES!!! Do you? Here are some pictures from the 2012 Idea House in Senomia (sp?) Georgia... I must have the painting of the deer... I've been searching for some deer themed art that didn't scream white trash, Tracery interiors nailed it with this painting.
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Khaki Gingham Bedroom | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Master Bathroom | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Master Suite | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Front Porch | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Master Suite | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Back Porch | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Dining Room | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Side Porch | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Keeping Room | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Living Room | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Living Room | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Living Room | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Kitchen | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Stair Hall | SouthernLiving.com
My favorite picture
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Foyer | SouthernLiving.com
2012 Idea House: Farmhouse Restoration | Front Door | SouthernLiving.com

Side note: while posting this, I was watching "Friends with Kids" (or something like that)... um... it was pretty downhill until the end... It actually made me sad at times (it fell below "The Breakup" on my don't watch again movie list)... Why was Kristen Wiig in this movie?? She's funny, and not once did she say anything funny.... and her husband was John Hamm from Mad Men... terrible casting.  Back to the movie: do people really change that much when they have kids?  Do they really just disappear into some kind of depression or overwhelmed vortex?? I hate when movies make parenthood seem so damn scary! But, we all know me... It would take a lot for me to disappear (not only magic, but might! ha!).

2 comments:

  1. That deer picture screams Paschal Household. You need it! I still can't believe your getting rid of your "hunter's retreat" room taking down all those deer heads. Share your progress on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sally! I thought the moving of Paschal's trophy room would be a disaster... but he is completely on board... Pictures to come!! I might of bit off more then I can chew... since moving the deer... he has added a few more to the collection (plus a hog!)!!

      Delete