Sunday, April 24, 2011

The most important day of the year

How true is that... We put so much time, thought and energy into Christmas... but as Christians, shouldn't we do the same for Easter? Yes, we celebrate Christmas for the birth of our Savior... but isn't it more important to celebrate the Death and Resurrection and the Glorification of Christ our Savior? Through his death and resurrection we have salvation, eternal life. I'm sad to say that I was disappointed this morning... i seem to always be a tad disappointed in every church I've worshiped Easter service in and disappointed in my self the most.... This should be the most holy of all services, reverent, powerful, yet they never are and 50+% is my fault (okay.. its actually 95%) ... Do you know how much thought and time I put into what Paschal and I will be wearing? I had a mini melt down /diva moment at 9:30am over him wearing white linen pants.. okay, so they looked like Miami Vice... plus Paschal has a lot of chest hair and he loves unbuttoning the top 3 buttons of his shirt... so he looked really sleazy for church... but hello! look at where I'm putting emphasis? I should of been preparing to worship, getting my thoughts and heart right.

I needed to attend Good Friday service and actually practice lent (every year I try, but i fail, because I never really do it right. Giving up diet coke is a joke.. giving up watching TV from 8-10pm and instead do a bible study is real). I can not ask for the Holy Spirit at church if I'm not fully committed to Holy Spirit in my everyday life. It's like a cop-out (sp?)... You can't get mad when your jeans don't fit if you just eat 3 bowls of ice cream per night for 3 weeks (oh, that sounds familiar).

So... here is my statement of change. I want to put my emphasis on Christ my Risen Savior, Christ who died for my sins, Christ who is coming again for me, not "how good do we look now that we can wear white and seersucker." I want to practice lent, I want to attend Ash Wednesday service, I want to start going to Wednesday night service, I want to put more into my worship at church, I want to get my heart and mind right, I want to focus on my christian growth.

Plus... Paschal means the "Easter child". The Latin source derived from the Hebrew word for "Passover".... I think that's a sign.

All in all, its been a good day. God has been good to Paschal and I, now its our turn to be good to God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen my good and faithful servant, We all need to be "fishers of men" as God calls us to be. Ryan wants to start going to Wednesday night supper so we should all go!

    ReplyDelete