Sunday, April 3, 2011

I checked seeing the home of Muddy Waters off my bucket list...

So.. Mom and I made the 7+ hour journey to Clarksdale Mississippi this weekend. Mom was there to celebrate her good friend Dyann Gunter's birthday (She is probably one of the most talented artist I know... abstracts to dog portraits... she is AMAZING!).. Anywho~Clarksdale is the "Home of the Blues"... very eclectic place. Long story short... Blues music was EVERYWHERE! Apparently it was the wake (the party after the funeral) at the "Cotton Gin" at the "Hopson Plantation"for Pinetop Perkins, Also this is where Dyann was having her birthday weekend. Look it up (I will post pictures soon)... http://www.shackupinn.com/ Here are a few pics from the weekend... I took so many, so more post are in the works!
Outside the Blues Museum outside the Hopson Inn (from left to right: Mom, Danielle, Elizabeth, Brenda, Dyan, Kay and Donna). Mom hasn't seen some of these women for 30 years! Such sweet reunions... I even got choked up!

I didn't post the pictures of it... but mom and I bought the same shirt and we both refused to change, so we were twins for the day (we honestly didn't mind matching!)


I can't remember who this is singing, but she's apparently a famous blues singer... Everyone was jamming out for Pinetop Perkins wake... I guess that's how the celebrate death in the Delta.
Mom, Elizabeth and Donna... enjoying some blue's!!


No comments:

Post a Comment