Saturday, June 23, 2012

On the movie hunt ~Snow White and blah blah blah

I don't know how to start with this movie... the film as a whole was cinema magic... scenery was breath taking... one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen... until I saw chica from Twilight.  I'll give her credit for being a good actor... if you like the same character being played... all... the... time...   Also... the movie seemed to be more glamours and mystical then I wanted... i wanted a more realistic, raw Snow White. Which, leads me to say.... I should of familiarized myself with the story of Snow before watching this film... I had completely forgotten that she was the one that whistled and all the animals appeared... (frankly I get all the Disney characters confused; I've never been a big Disney follower)... So when Bella Snow White walked through the "enchanted forest", I was completely lost.  LeAnn and I about DIED when, in the middle of the enchanted forest, they showed a bunny and a fairy snuggling a little too close... it took me by completely surprise and honestly... it was awkward... the bunny and the fairy were in an embrace in the middle of a forest, and I had  to just start laughing... I couldn't understand (at the moment) what it had to do with the story... and it was such an awkward moment for bunny and fairy!!

Long story short... If I was being open minded and if I had known more about fairy tales and enjoyed whimsical magic, I would give this movie a 8 out of 10... but because I felt short changed  by this movie... it had so much potential... its a 7 out of 10



Side note:... Coco is here for a visit and helped me write this post... she too is not a friend of depressed  Kristen Stewart.


No comments:

Post a Comment