Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid James 14:27This is my last week at Westover. Seven years ago I was interviewing and signing my contract in the same office I turned in my resignation.... almost to the day. How does it feel?? Weird.. but more then weird... I am filled with such PEACE!. I've only had one job since graduating college... and it has included a gradebook, classroom rules and a lot of diet coke! This decision wasn't easy...a lot of prayer and a lot of tears went into my decision.. God has been good... more then good... he has been faithful to my prayers... he has brought me through so much these last few months and I can't wait to see what else he has in store!
Paschal has been amazing (which sounds like something Michelle Duggar would say about JimBob... but I mean it with real sincerity) .... more supportive then I imagined... or he just gave up fighting me on the decision! I want to be my best... for Paschal, for our baby, for my puppies (don't laugh... its a real want in my life!.. ask Molly when she was taken on a walk??)... and I can't do that when I'm stressed, exhausted and overwhelmed. Name a teacher you know who doesn't feel stressed, exhausted and overwhelmed... its impossible... and think of adding a baby to that! Several people have made comments to the extent of "I was able to work, have 3 kids and my husband was deployed for most of their childhood" "You didn't think through this decision... are you going to quit when any little change in your life happens",... I could go on and on. All I can say is that EVERYONE is different. And I'm not a type A person.... I"m a type FUN... but also the kind who can easily over pack her life and make it un-fun. God's plan for everyone's life is different... and maybe his plan for me is to teach piano and be a mother.. God wants me to be at my best self... he wants that for everyone.
Piano... Starting June 3rd... I'm offering piano lessons to students age 5 and up! Teaching piano is something I've ALWAYS wanted to do. Thanking my mother for all those years of lessons... is something I do almost every day... I honestly can't thank her enough! Spread the word, friends... I can teach all levels, all ages! Summer lessons start the first week of June and run through the last week of July. Tentative summer recital is July 27... I'm so excited!!
Being happy, in all aspects of my life, is something I've been waiting on for a long time... bring on the piano students and the babies!!
P.S... still waiting to hear back from agencies / birth moms... the waiting game is so hard... but I have to remind myself that it takes 9 months from start to finish (maybe 10?? I've heard people say that)... and we've only been adoption approved (home study and paper work complete) since March 6th... that makes 2 months 9 days... 5 months since we started everything...
Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. James 5:78
So proud of you for quitting!! I know it was a really hard decision! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Great news! Happy for you and all the exciting things happening in your life :)
ReplyDelete