Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm still alive... barely

I still alive... but with no time to blog.  If you follow me on instagram.... you can see that I mostly sit on the couch and grade papers (and grade papers and eat... at least I'm doing things I'm good at, right ).  You would think after starting my seventh (yes... that's 7th... I've been teaching school in Albany for 7 years... that whole statement is such a loaded bag of emotions) of teaching, I would have figured out a way to grade faster.  Problem is that I've up'd the amount of work, the level of work  and the quality of work I assign.... which means I have MORE to grade.  They worked hard on their persuasive essays about tyranny and the U.S. Constitution... I should grade it with the integrity it was written in.

Anywho~ I'm up to my eyeballs in papers and color guard... yes, I spend every Friday night at Hugh Mills Stadium cheering on the WHS Patriots and the Marching Band.  They're really such sweet girls and I've been blessed to see how they have grown over the last season!!  Can you tell how tired I am from the picture, though??? Game days run from around 6:00 am (when I wake up) to as late as midnight (which was the time I got home from the Cairo vs. Westover game Friday).


Last but not least... We had two big birthdays in the family. Jacob and Kate both turned 30!! Sadly, I only have 2 pictures and they are from Kate's party... Jacob was in denial and we just eat dinner at his parents... no big sha-bang.  

Kate's party was wonderful... my older siblings came and we had food, decorations, cake, etc.... It warmed my heart to see how happy Kate was... she asks for so little. God has been so good to her this year... We can all take for granted the small things, but to Kate, they are huge! If you are ever in the Cumming area, stop by The Pier.  Its a thrift store that employees mentally and physically handicap adults.  The Pier has been so much more then a job for Kate... its been able to give her a purpose.  Whether one likes their job or not, what we do from day to day give us meaning and purpose... and a lot of times people with disabilities miss out on those opportunities.  Kate wants to work and she wants to contribute... but most importantly  she wants a meaning and purpose for her life.  I can not praise God enough for what The Pier has given her.  

Kate at The Pier with mom/dad and Ken (Kate's friend).  Doesn't Kate look so happy!! Mom/Dad had a banner made and they had it up for over a week at work and then from their front porch at home. 
Kate's cake at work.  I really wish I was on top of taking photos.  Mom has all the ones of Kate's family party.  One day I'll get it together. 

photo.JPG 
What I"m currently doing... serious... the grading never ends!!!

This time next week... Jacob and I will be in Maine!! Maybe I'll take pictures!! Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment