I kept thinking, throughout Lent, that i would formulate a blog post along the way, putting all my thoughts and ideas into one HUGE post.... we see how that turned out.
SO... I had two ways I could go with this post... 1. I could post all the pics of the things I've been up to, things I've done around the houses, things I've bought (since giving up FB, I just turned to online shopping?? I think I needed to take it a step further and give up the COMPUTER!), etc. OR 2. I could just break down how/ what the Lenten season has meant to me.
If I could sum up the last 7 weeks.... it would be EXTREMELY hard. A lot has happened over that time period... WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS! I remember the phrase,"in ignorance there is bliss", because I was obvious ignorant on the Word. Don't get me wrong... I grew up in Vacation Bible School (what good southerner didn't??), I should know my scripture! But once I started studying the word of God, I realize how "basic" or "beginner" my relationship with God was.... In actuality it had been YEARS since I worked on a bible study.
Over the past 7 weeks, God has revealed SO MUCH to me & given SO MUCH to me ( I don't think I even scratched the surface!) ... but the most profound moment was when I discovered PEACE in Christ. I'm sure we've all been at a place where we fret over everything... I'll fret over something that happened 6 months ago!! I'll fret over words, actions and then stuff I read WAY to much into. I had no idea how much unrest was in my life.... and how I was searching for someone to give me peace.
If you haven't gone out and bought "The Frazzled Female", then you need to TODAY... this book came to me at a time when I was in such need of a loving relationship with my Savior... and the main theme of the book is that not only does God love you, but he wants an intimate relationship with you, and in that relationship... you will have peace!
John 14: 27 ~
Peace I leave for you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.I know my original thought at the beginning of Lent was to focus on time and how to spend my time... but once I put the focus on my Savior and family, I immediately became un-frazzled, time wasn't a problem and Great Peace surrounded me.
This is going to be a great year... my life is in the hands of my Savior and I have been beyond blessed... Looking forward to what God has in store for me next!
Betsy! I love this post. You are such an amazing person! It was so good to see you the other night! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your hibernation!!
ReplyDelete