Saturday, September 24, 2011

Baby Names - I think I'm a Guru

First, I'm not having a baby, but you don't need to have a baby to want to name a baby. Ask any woman what she wants to name her children, regardless if she is single, old, young, already has children, etc.... she will be able to spit out exactly what she will name her first, third, next or last baby. Honestly, names give me anxiety.... I feel as though I fit my name and it came about by accident. My parents named me Elizabeth and my grandmother just started calling me Betsy... it just happened. So should names just happen? or should they be planned? You might think the name "BooBoo" sounds sweet, but no one else does. I know, other people's opinions shouldn't matter, but you have to think about your child's future... BooBoo is going to be tough name to grow into!!
I love picking names for people too.... I love finding names for other people because my creativity ends at naming my own children. My children will have extremely simple old bible names, but I wish I could name them something extremely original and fun. Here are some baby names I forsee: (I cant' seperate them by gender, because obviously that doesn't matter anymore.... I wonder what gender "BooBoo" is?

I got these name trends from www.nameberry.com

Bartleby, Harper, Behti, Bette, Sonnett, Seraphina, Liv, Lydia, Milo, Priscilla, Roman, Rowen, Ruby, Gatsby, James, Jasper, Genevieve, Liev, Linus.

If you go to http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/twins.html you can see the most popular baby names for twins... this just cracks me up! I went to school with twins (identical!) named Karen and Sharon... really? Why do that to them... so here are some popular twin names:

Ranked #4: Faith and Hope (wasn't that a TV show?)
Ranked #18: Heaven and Nevaeh (yes, thats Heaven spelled backwards)
Ranked #25: Arianna and Brianna
Ranked #42: Jada and Jade
Ranked #49: Trinity and Serenity (I think this is what I'm going to pick if I ever have twin girls)

Girl/Boy twins:
Ranked #27: Michael and Michelle (why not name them both Michael?)
Ranked #50: Zack and Zoe (I have to be honest, I do like the name Zoe)

Boy twins:
Ranked #35: Jaydan and Kaydan
Ranked #33: Isaiah and Jeremiah
Ranked #44: Santiago and Sebastian (I don't even need to comment)

I think these names are backlash from the non-creative mom's of the early 1980's. Happy baby naming!

No comments:

Post a Comment