Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday everyone!! I know its been forever since I've blogged.... school starting back and its just too hot to do anything!!! Oh, for those who have asked the air conditioning in my classroom finally started working, but poor Mr. Beck next door lost his :( SO.... this dinner is very special and MUCH needed! First, let me explain my dishes (the ones pictured), which I LOVE, but never get to use. When I got engaged and started my registry, i was WAY to star struck to think logically. While my mom and I were looking for my every day pattern, this caught my eye. It's Villeroy and Boch Country Heritage. Its not dish washer safe (but I do occasionally) and on the bottom it says fine china, so definitely not microwave safe. So do i use my "everyday" china? NO.... I can't bring myself to use it on a regular basis. My bread plates are Niderville (??)... I've never heard of them, but they sell them at Place on the Point and I had to have them. Have you all caught on to my LOVE of dishes? If I could of registered for 10 patterns I would of.

Now to spaghetti.... which i cook every Wednesday. Here is the recipe:

Sauce: (i make several batches at once and am not the best at measuring)
2 lbs venison / beef
half a gallon container of Rago (one of the big containers, but only use half)
1 package of "seasonal blend" (chopped celery, onion, green and red peppers)
a couple cloves of garlic
several tablespoons of "Italian Seasoning"
one large can chopped tomatoes
several tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large sauce pan saute the seasonal blend and garlic. Then add the meat and brown. Add seasoning. Drain the fat. Add the can of tomatoes and the spaghetti sauce. Let cook down. Serve on top of noodles :) Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment