Home for me is North Georgia...not only is it at least 10 degrees cooler, but there are no gnats! I will never get use to the gnats. When I come home to visit my parents and friends i have a standard routine of places to go... I plan on staying for a while, so there will be many more post to come.
Thursday I watched Food, Inc.... so now I have to completely rethink what I eat. North Georgia (Gainesville especially) is the chicken capital of America
; after the scene when the chickens are being kicked, pushed and thrown into those loading trucks... I felt guilty.... this could of been happening only a few miles from my home. Rethinking how I eat will be a challenge because I DO NOT eat fish. My parents, husband, husbands family, etc... LOVE fish, I just can't do it. Fried shrimp about 3 times a year holds me over and I will still eat tuna salad.
; after the scene when the chickens are being kicked, pushed and thrown into those loading trucks... I felt guilty.... this could of been happening only a few miles from my home. Rethinking how I eat will be a challenge because I DO NOT eat fish. My parents, husband, husbands family, etc... LOVE fish, I just can't do it. Fried shrimp about 3 times a year holds me over and I will still eat tuna salad.Back to good food... ever Wednesday and Saturday in Cumming, GA there is a local farmers market that boast home grown veggies; each year I see more and more organic food stands. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go... so as a family (My parents are notorious for doing things as a big family... everyone goes everywhere together) we went.
As I mentioned earlier... my parents make everything a family affair.. which includes the dog Co Co... My dad refers to her as the youngest child, the baby, etc. Here are some pictures of them from the farmers market.
Happy Eating!! Off to make canned tomatoes and canned tomatoes and okra :)
No comments:
Post a Comment