Sunday, February 12, 2012

Going into Hibernation

I've been busy since my last post... which was almost a month ago.  I'm officially going into hibernation when I finish typing this and push publish.  Its been an extremely busy last couple of weeks and this post would be WAY more fun to read if I had pictures... which brings me to my first of MANY thoughts.

1). I'm unable to provide YOU- (all the millions of YOU that read this blog and then talk about it over coffee with your friends or on the phone, my sarcasim is SCREAMING! Honestly, I know I only have 6 people who continuously read this blog)... I'm unable to provide you with a  good blog, funny yes, but not good.  I need pictures.  good ones... like those other blogs where girls post pictures of stuff that they made or sewed or cooked or whatever it is that they are doing and took it with their iphones and it just makes those pictures look 10 times better then if a plain old kodak/nikon/cannon had taken it.  The short: I need a camera, so that I can step up and hold my own in the blog world. I too want to show you what I cook, eat, wear (yes wear, some plus size girl out their is looking for a large version of Rachel Zoe to base her fashion on), sew, etc.  I want to be that girl

2). What I've been busy doing:
  • Visited the parents over MLK weekend... always nice to see them... and always seeing my sister Kate... who I should dedicate more time to... she is such a precious soul.... I feel guilty every day that I don't do more for her and especially other handicap adults... more specifically helping people to understand them.. I know so many people who are almost rude about and towards people with disabilities, and most likely its because they have never had the opportunity to spend time with or work with them.  
  • Mom came to visit the next weekend and brought our newest addition to us: MOLLY!!!sweet sweet Molly, my new baby.... I'm channeling my baby fever through my dog... which is sad.   
  • I went to visit my parents in Tallahassee who were visiting my older sister Julie... Emily, my niece, came home from UF to visit, too. We were there to not only see family, but to be apart of the festivities at the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge... My granddad Paul T.Kreager was assigned to create this wildlife refuge as well as manage it until his retirement... could you imagine having the St Marks refuge as your back yard?? My dad was so proud to go to the gathering... I'm assuming he is the oldest inhabitant of the refuge? He knew the family that operated the light house before the Coast Guard took it over... the piano in my living room was floated down the St. Marks River to the lighthouse at the turn of the century for the family... when they left, my grandparents ended up with a lot of the furniture... again, I wish I had pictures to show you. 
  • This weekend... We went to visit Carrie and Jeff in Atlanta. and celebrate Glenn's birthday!! I couldn't be blessed with better in-laws... Carrie and Jeff are two of the sweetest people that I know and it was a joy to stay with them and especially worship with them on Sunday... This will be two Sundays in a row that I've worshiped at an Anglican Church... I have to admit that I enjoyed, it... us Methodist can get a look Chosen Frozen at times and hearing different ministers and different sermons is nice...I do love the Methodist Church, but with all denominations...I have my concerns...again, its worth a whole other post.... The trip in a nutshell was GREAT! I'm sad we only see Carrie and Jeff once every few months.  

3). Was that blog long enough for you??? Now, on to why I"m going in to hibernation... I need some time to think. ... Not only have I  been busy tearing up I-75, but I've been busy rethinking a lot of things... What is my time worth? Who am I spending my time with? Am I happy with what I"m doing with that time? Visiting family... VERY HAPPY... other things that have happened over the last few weeks/ months... not so happy. I need to 1st : Find out what makes me happy  and 2nd... surround myself with those people... because I don't' think I've always been doing that.  Who is Betsy? Where am I headed in the next 10 years... will I still be in classroom A-303 teaching about WWII??? So many questions.... 

When I reappear... which honestly, you are not only going to not hear from me on this blog, but also not see me socially... don't' expect me at your next mixer... hibernation means hibernation... 

Ash Wednesday is next week... Lent is a good time to take a hibernation/snooze... and Facebook will be my chosen vice... If i had time, or if I even thought you were still reading, good for you if you are... i would explain Lent in this blog... the short: we replace something that consumes our time with something for God... prayer/study is what I will choose... So during the time I would have spent in Facebook, I will spend it in prayer or studying the word.  I only see my self growing during this process...we might ALL need to take a hiatus from FB!! 

 But, when I do reappear, I plan on having  a great blog and a great life... and it will be based off not only what I want, but more importantly what God wants for my life.  

Maybe I'll be thinner when I reappear?? No... i would hate to let down the people who follow me and know me for my fashion. oh.. and I"ll keep running... it will stay in the "keep" pile... while my jeggings are being thrown in the "throw-away pile" (they have weight limits people... if I know it, you should too!). 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I enjoyed reading your picture-less post. Also, I love a good hibernation! I am glad you had some much needed family time! I would love to hear your Methodist thoughts...maybe a Methodist Vs. Baptist would be a good blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Bets, sometimes we just need a break from the grind and the distractions to put ourselves and what's best for us first. It's hard to say no! I hope you enjoy your hibernation time!! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, Betsy! Everyone needs a good hibernation and time for self-reflection! It only puts things into perspective for us to live a better, happier life. Spending time with God is always a good thing. He'll help you find your way! Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete